We’d like to share some free phone-in resources you can listen to any time! These recorded resources are available 24/7. The weekly Bible
WHAT IS CHRISTIAN SCIENCE?
Christian Science is a Bible-based, Christian religion. Its ministry rests entirely on the affirmation from the Holy Bible that “God is Love” (I John 4:16). Christ Jesus embodied this love and in his Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) he taught us how to express the compassionate, pure, and generous love that is reflected from God. The healing of sin, disease and death are possible now, just as in Jesus’ time, by following Spiritual laws and relying on God’s ever-present love for us, as taught in the Bible. The King James Bible and the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, are the pastors of Christian Science. Mary Baker Eddy founded the Christian Science Church in Boston, Massachusetts in 1879, and there are now branch churches worldwide. This church, Second Church of Christ, Scientist, Scottsdale, is a branch of the Mother Church in Boston.
Tenets of The Mother Church,
THE First Church of Christ, Scientist
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Mary Baker Eddy
Click Here to Listen to the Daily Lift
A 2-minute podcast of inspiration related to the practice of Christian Science.